The Piqua Government Academy welcomes all Piqua residents to come to learn about what the city does, why the city does it, and how the city does it. With how successful this program has been in the past, the academy has been recognized by the Ohio City/County Management Association as one of the best programs for Citizen Engagement! This is an excellent way to educate residents, build positive relationships and increase communication between our local government and our Piqua community. We hope by learning more about our local government it will encourage others to be future leaders.
The Piqua Government Academy is a free program offered to Piqua Citizens.
Academy participants will be able to:
- Meet and interact with the Piqua City Manager, department heads and staff
- Learn why decisions are made and how the departments operate
- Discover the status of current projects and future plans for development and programming for the City of Piqua
- Expand the knowledge and be informed on current topics in the community
- Participate in lively discussions, role-playing and other fun interactive activities
- Tour city facilities
- Become an informed and involved citizen
Here is how you can sign up:
- Registrations are closed at this time
For More Information
For more information, please contact Brittany Peltier by email or by calling 937-778-2037.